We have gone from social occasions to social distancing. Right now, the world has changed and therefore so have we. We are concerned about the health of all, so we can not go forward with “business as usual”. We must help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In order to protect our clients, my staff and myself, I, along with all the Sotheby’s International Realty offices, have made changes to the way we do business, to prevent the spread of the virus and manage the related challenges.
I have new showing protocols in place:
- All open houses are cancelled until further notice;
- I am prescreening and inquiring about buyer’s and seller’s recent travels;
- I am asking sellers to open all room doors and turn on lights (when able) to minimize a buyer’s need to touch surfaces;
- I am asking buyer’s agents and their clients to refrain from touching items and surfaces in my listings;
- I am supporting sellers in the wish to suspend or to continue with showings of their home;
- We are looking into what more we can do to ramp up our online media to enable buyers to search my listings more easily from their homes.
Other measures we have taken are to close our main office. Myself and my team are working from home.
I continue to support my clients in viewing houses that suit them and help them navigate their best options for moving forward to a new home. My clients and I will travel in separated vehicles to properties. I will email info sheets for properties ahead of the showings, not print them out and hand them to you. I will open doors and turn on lights, wearing disposable gloves (I’ll have some for you too) and we will travel through the house (avoiding touching surfaces) 2 meters apart.
For sellers I recommend that you clean doorknobs, hand railing, countertops and high traffic areas with a disinfectant cloth before and after your house has been shown. Please feel free to talk to me about any concerns you have about showings in your home.
If you have questions about how your real estate transaction will be impacted by COVID-19, RECBC’s consumer information may be a helpful resource: Information for Real Estate Consumers on COVID-19.
More sources of COVID-19 information can be found here:
What is COVID-19?
The BC Centre for Disease Control has an FAQ about COVID–19
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Provincial and federal governments joint statement
- World Health Organization COVID–19resources
I hope this information is helpful and please feel free to call, text or email me with any questions. I am here to help. 250-818-8522
And please note: Contents of this message may become obsolete in days or weeks, so please use government agencies as your number one news source for information.